1. I still haven't taken one picture of anything. So uninspired.
2. If I don't see another box for the rest of my life, I would be thoroughly happy!
3. We are not closing today, maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday, maybe Friday! Who knows.
4. Mini ice cream cones from Trader Joe's are the perfect size summer time treat!
5. If I hear, "Mommy, can we have a snack?" from either of my children one more time today, I am going to scream. It isn't even 9am yet. I just lost my mind on them.
6. Pat spent two hours yesterday washing his car and cleaning it out because he had to pick up his client today for a mediation, they are then going to dinner and the baseball game. I asked if he was going to open the door for him too because he's never spent any amount of time cleaning his car for me other than tossing the stuff that's on the passenger seat to the back seat! CLASSY!
7. It is so hard not to be bitter right now. I had a much better attitude about it last week, but this week, I am struggling. I was the one last week telling Pat that it would all be fine, but this week, I just don't know.
8. Excited to hang out with Rylee if even just for a little bit tomorrow. She makes me laugh. I don't think I appreciated her age when my own kids were that old because I was either pregnant, tired, or overwhelmed at that time in my life.
9. Did you know Pat thought Alfredo was a type of cheese? I still laugh when I think about this. In one of the cookbooks we have, it has pictures of all the different types of cheeses, and Pat drew in a picture of cheese and labeled it alfredo after I made fun of him and used it as my evidence that alfredo is not a cheese, it is a sauce!
10. I like Olive Garden fettucine alfredo the best. I am certain that it is not authentic in any way, shape or form, but it is my FAVORITE!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
1. I still haven't taken one picture of anything. So uninspired.
Posted by Colleen at 8:51 AM
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
What's going on?
1. We close in a week on our house, that is IF the bank can get their act together. I feel like every single day it is some new stress, and I can't handle it. My back/stomach pain had been kept to such a minimum lately because I had been trying to just stay calm and not stress out, but the closer it gets the more crippling the pain is. UGH!
2. I am well aware that moving into a new house and going on a week long vacation are luxuries, and I know that I am truly blessed, but it is incredibly overwhelming, and it is my reality right now, and this is MY blog, so I get to vent. Don't like it, don't read it.
3. My sister and I are OBSESSED with reading blogs about moms in the South. I wouldn't fit in there for a hot minute, but they make some of the best food. I am not sure how all the moms weigh 50 pounds soaking wet and eat crap all day (cake pops, sno cones, cake, cookies, cupcakes, etc.), but I made these S'mores Bars for Pat for Father's Day, and they were HEAVENLY!
4. I will happily recommend restaurants for someone, and if they hate it, I take full responsibility because I know I have researched the crap out of it, read all the reviews, etc. BUT ask me to choose a paint color, NO FREAKING CLUE!
5. The day our house is supposed to close Pat has an all day mediation and then has to entertain a client all night. Maybe I will just take the kids over to the house and toast them with Apple Cider or something. Kind of anti-climatic after all the stress and work that Pat has gone through to make sure the house closes on time.
6. Currently we are like two ships passing in the night. When an attorney goes on vacation, he has to make up all his billable hours. So, in my opinion it isn't really a vacation because it is more work before and after we vacation because he works longer and longer hours.
7. I am obsessed with Lifetime Movies. I think it is the only think that is going to get me through the summer.
8. Children's Place at Desert Ridge is having a big shoe sale. Apparently they are getting rid of all their shoes in boxes, so any shoe in a box is $7.99. I don't know what sizes or what not are available, but if you are in need of dress shoes, sandals, etc. It might be worth the trip.
9. I cannot keep food in this house. If it comes in, someone eats it up immediately. The summer grocery bill is killing me.
10. The Bachelorette. Can I just say that I am an evil person who thinks Bentley is HYSTERICAL, and I love that he proved what everyone was thinking all along. . .how do you know these people are telling the truth? He totally pulled the wool over Ashley's eyes, and I think it added a whole new twist to the show. I am a fan. Don't hate!
Posted by Colleen at 3:20 PM
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
A few of my favorite things. . .
1. Magnum Double Caramel Ice Cream Bars
2. The Pioneer Woman Sux Blog. Seriously, I don't think she is promoting her blog to be any sort of diet blog, so to watch them rip her to shreds is kind of funny. I also like that they think she is always writing drunk, I don't know it makes me laugh! I hope The ACTUAL Pioneer Woman takes it with a grain of salt.
3. Luigi's Deli just recently opened, and they have this sandwich with cream cheese, bacon, avocado, turkey, etc, and it is SOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!
4. We go through sunscreen like it is water. I love the spray. I am sure it is chalk full of chemicals and horrible for you and what not, but OMG, we recently ran out, and I have been applying lotion-MAKES YOU APPRECIATE THE SPRAY!
5. Wii Bowling. Tyler is kicking every one's butt, and I like that it is a game we can all compete at and have fun!!!!!!!!!!
6. Corn on the cob with lots of butter and salt. Also movie theater popcorn every single Friday. It's really not surprising that I can't lose weight-I love food!
7. POGO! I get sucked into playing when I am stressed out. And I am way beyond stressed right now! Hey, it could be worse!
8. Our soon to be new refrigerator. HONESTLY, Pat and I have never had a brand new fridge, and I am giddy about the water and ice in the door after being without it for soooooooo long!
9. Purex After the Rain Laundry Detergent, I think it smells soooooooooo good!
10. That we will be HERE in less than a month!
Posted by Colleen at 1:32 PM
Saturday, June 4, 2011
I don't know what is going on lately, but the stars have aligned, and things seem to work out perfectly. This morning, my car battery died. Usually, it would be a big tragedy, but we just switched the car seats to Pat's car, and headed off to continue on with our plans for the day. We remembered that Pat's dad was in the area, actually he was at OUR new house mapping out the location of the pool fence, and apparently you need some "SPECIAL" tool to get the battery out of my car, and Pat being as "handy" as he is, doesn't have this tool and can't get the battery out. So, he called his dad, asked him to go over to our house and see if he could get it out because Pat's dad IS HANDY (no quotes) and has tools in his car and what not. His dad headed over, not only got the battery out, took it back to the place we got it from two years ago, got one for free because it was under warranty and put it in my car, so that when we arrived back home the car started right up! SERIOUSLY! How awesome is that. Usually it is this big drama, and it was LITERALLY drama free. The kids and I were seriously standing in the drive way cheering with excitement because it started. I am sure we looked ridiculous to our neighbors, but HEY, we won't live here much longer, right!?
After we brought all of our stuff in from the car, Pat says, "Is this what it's like to be rich, you just call someone, they come fix it, and when you get home it is as good as new!?" SERIOUSLY! It was amazing, and so completely WONDERFUL that his dad did this for us. THANK YOU JIM! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I bet Jaclyn could have figured out how to change the battery herself, but that's a whole post for a different day! :-)
Posted by Colleen at 4:37 PM