I haven't done one of these in a million and one years!
1. I have so much nervous energy inside of me right now, I have hung up all my clothes, gave myself a manicure (even though I have no nails-I really want to stop biting them), groomed my eyebrows, watched The Bachelor from last night, and did a load of laundry!
2. I got some new knives for Christmas, and they make me SO HAPPY! I chop and chop and chop, and I love every minute of it! My kids laugh at me because I am always smiling when I am chopping. Sometimes I pretend I am on a cooking show, but I don't last very long because I start laughing. I don't know how all the Food Network Stars do it, I have absolutely nothing to say about the food I am cooking, and when I try to tell a story about food, it sounds ridiculous!
3. JT's new song isn't my favorite, but it will grow on me because everything he does is magic!
4. I REALLY like The Bachelor, Sean. I think he is BEAUTIFUL. I think he is so sweet, and I hope he lives up to all the expectations I have in my head for him this season!
5. One of my new favorite shows this year is Catfish on MTV. They follow someone finally meeting face to face with someone they met online and document the whole thing. Since I got married way before the whole Internet dating phenomenon, it is fascinating for me to watch this show. I wonder if I would be so naive!?
6. I also missed out on the whole craze of announcing pregnancies, engagements, birth, weddings, etc on facebook. I mean my kids are cute, but they are 6 and 8. I "like" a lot more pictures of babies than I do of elementary school aged children.
7. My goal is to lose ten pounds before I color my hair. I am working really hard at completing this goal because OMG, my roots are grown out almost 2 inches.
8. Every time I do a load of laundry, I have to run each load through the dryer twice. It is really a pain in my butt, but I don't think a new dryer is in my future anytime soon!
9. iPhone games and applications are SOOOOOOOOO ADDICTING!
10. Karen Parise, the lady I babysat for growing up, made this amazing Shrimp Oregano. However, she weighs all of 50 pounds soaking wet, so it is alright for her to chow down on a stick of butter for dinner. I found a "lighter" version and made it for dinner last night! It was DELICIOUS!
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
I haven't done one of these in a million and one years!
Posted by Colleen at 10:05 AM
Thursday, January 10, 2013
We had so much fun this year. Christmas Eve we always go to my Grandma's House. We play a gift exchange game with a $30 gift, and honestly IT WAS SO BORING this year! We are going to have to step up our game next year! No one switched, no one fought over anything, etc. I am going to buy a really crappy gift so that no one wants it and trades it away!
My grandma FINALLY caved and let Pat and I do the dishes. Apparently my clothes aren't nice enough to need an apron, but my grandma was concerned that doing the dishes would mess up Pat's clothes so she found him this gem, SO FUNNY!
Christmas morning was TOUGH this year. Seriously, my kids need nothing, we need nothing, so I tried to find one thing they would each like and then wrapped necessities! Jackson got an electric piano, and Tyler got a CD player for her room.
This is the picture of Jackson seeing the electric piano across the room! Shock and Awe my friends!
I hit the jackpot with the book for my mom that I talked about in my previous post, it brought on serious tears! I even have the pictures to prove it!
All in all we had Christmas morning wrapped up before 6am, and we were all back in bed for a nap by 11! It was a great day!
P.S. I knew 2013 was going to be a GREAT year-Justin Timberlake is going to make new music! YAY!
Posted by Colleen at 12:31 PM
Thursday, January 3, 2013
I love seeing posts when people tell me something they are really in to! If I read your blog, I probably like you, and then it means I might like it too! So I thought I would post a few of the things I am really in to right now!
Posted by Colleen at 2:50 PM
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
My last post was a 30 for 30 update, so I included that today to HOPEFULLY inspire some more posts!!! I miss blogging. 2012 was a CRAPPY year, but I feel so revived and refreshed knowing that I get a brand new start with 2013! Happy New Year and may you all feel as REFRESHED as I do!
In honor of my 30th Birthday, here are 23 things I hope to accomplish before I am 40 years old.
1. Run a mile without stopping. The only reason I am following through with the Couch to 5K program is so that I can cross this off my list.
2. Travel to Hawaii-preferably on my 14 night cruise, but really, anyway I can get there, I will go!
3. Survive having teenagers-eeeek!
4. Find better health coverage.
5. Take the kids to Disney World and on a Disney Cruise.
6. Get some bedroom furniture.
Buy a house in my desired neighborhood. Maybe if I make a list for when I turn forty I will be more specific and state "Buy dream house in desired neighborhood!" :-) Kind of excited that I knocked out the most expensive thing on my list!
8. Go skiing.
9. STOP biting my nails.
10. Eat at Elements while Beau MacMillan is the head chef there! I just adore him.
11. Meet The Pioneer Woman or Paula Dean! I will take either lover of butter.
12. Visit Georgia, I think secretly, I was meant to live there. I have this vision of how AMAZING it will be. Might also help me accomplish #11.
Own a BIG BIG BIG screen television!
14. I am cheating here because I feel it will happen soon, but go on an adults only vacation with Karissa and Josh-LOVE THEM! Um, what happened here Karissa Miller????
15. Travel outside Arizona with Andrea, Tamara and Shannon-I seriously have never met people I enjoy traveling with so much!
16. Learn to manage my addictive personality.
Enroll Tyler in dance and watch her do her thing-SERIOUSLY the girl is INCREDIBLE-self taught!
18. Get organized!
19. Get a suburban.
20. Watch Pat in the courtroom.
21. Kick my dependency on Tylenol PM
22. Somehow get on the Board at Phoenix Children's Hospital-seriously the only place I feel passionately enough about to work for!
Gain better control of my jealousy. I would say I have improved since 20, but I have a ways to go. I am way too jealous in many aspects of my life :-( YES, I have seriously accomplished this. Not perfectly, but I know how truly blessed we are. The grass isn't always greener on the other side!
Posted by Colleen at 9:33 AM