All those who want to buy me a birthday present for the big 30, please get together and coordinate your gift cards/money/etc. This lady is in desperate need of a new one!
Is this too forward???
Thanks in advance!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 9:43 AM
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
1. Emergency Appendectomy
2. Sinus Infection Caused by Allergies
3. Tyler's Double Ear Infection and Bronchitis
4. Pat's Ear Drum rupturing and bleeding out on his pillow
5. Jackson Banging Head on Metal Bar Going to Urgent Care
7. Bladder Sling and Ablation
8. Swine Flu
10. LOTS AND LOTS of ultrasounds, MRIs and CT scans, but my fav is when the lady told me my insides are beautiful!
Posted by Colleen at 6:24 AM
Sunday, December 27, 2009
And yet again, I begin and end the holiday season talking about how far away from the city of Phoenix we will go next year. I told Pat Christmas night that I really need to keep a journal of all the things people do and say that piss me off over Christmas. I blow off a lot. . .for example, my husband describing his life in one word as, "incomplete", during a round of Loaded Questions (please let me wake up your two beautiful children and tell them that-I KNOW WHAT HE MEANT, he has a lot left that he wants to do-BLAH BLAH BLAH), but there is something about the lack of respect for the feelings of my kids, husband and I that just stews inside me and makes me angry. So, can someone remind me next year I am taking a TOTALLY different approach to this whole Christmas thing. I just think we are not grasping the meaning of the season! Christmas should not make me angry. I feel like I need to be on a multitude of pills in order to survive! BLAH!
Anyway, we did manage to get a few pictures of us having fun. I swear we have done NOTHING this weekend but play video games, between Super Mario Bros, Madagascart, and Star Wars Light Saber Wars, I am tempted to buy a second Wii so that I can have my tv back. It has been so much fun. Tyler is starting to get into it. Jackson ROCKS at it, even my mom got in on the fun. Santa was very good to our family. He brought my family and me lots of GREAT TREASURES!
I am looking forward to this week more than anyone could possibly understand. I am hesitant because when I look forward to things, people tend to get sick, but my mom is taking the kids to her house for 3 GLORIOUS nights! I seriously need a break. Watching Tyler mother all her dolls, I am certain that she is already a better mother than I am, but this mothering thing is the most exhausting thing I have ever done. I wrapped, shopped, cleaned, organized, planned, etc for what seems like an eternity. Pat gave me a thank you, and in the end seeing the kids faces is sooooooo worth all the drama, but this momma is pooped. Of course, I have about a million and one things squeezed into those 3 nights because I have SOOOOOO MUCH to get done, but seriously, I just need a break! LOVE YOU MOM!
Now for a barrage of pictures, just in case you care!
Really, with all that beauty and joy, why should my post about Christmas seem so bitter! I need to be medicated. I told Pat that I was going to go marry a Groft so that I can do something fun on Christmas, like go bowling, he says, "Why don't we just go bowling?" Now there's an idea!
I need a few nights of sleep and a bottle of wine to recover from the drama!
Posted by Colleen at 4:35 PM
It is hard to believe that this handsome boy is 5 years old today!
Sweet thing, enjoy your Star Wars Light Saber game-but only until football starts-we have to watch and see if mommy wins the Fantasy Football Championship! WE LOVE YOU!
Posted by Colleen at 6:27 AM
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
That Jackson is only turning 5 because in this picture, he looks like a teenager! (YES, he is playing Super Mario with a sucker hanging out of his mouth!)
We had a tiny pajama party for Jackson Monday morning, per Jackson's requested we had breakfast food and everyone wore their pajamas. Instead of cake, we had cinnamon rolls. He was over the moon, and it was nice to enjoy the time with other mommies instead of running all over Chuck E Cheese like a chicken with my head cut off!
I think this was my favorite party date yet, the Monday of Christmas break means that they have a few new toys to play with, and they are not HARASSING ME every minute of this REALLY long break!
Posted by Colleen at 7:51 AM
Monday, December 21, 2009
Pat took the kids to see Santa yesterday morning. The kids were SOOOOOOOO excited, and Tyler was VERY proud of herself that she didn't cry at all. They were each allowed to tell Santa TWO things they wanted because Santa doesn't have room in his sleigh for more than that! I wish I could just bottle these moments up!
Have any of the other mommies out there started receiving daily texts or emails from Santa about whether or not your kids are on the Naughty or Nice list? Apparently it is the latest thing, and you may want to jump on this fear inducing band wagon!!!!
Posted by Colleen at 1:00 PM
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 1:43 AM
Saturday, December 19, 2009
I posted LAST YEAR about how I was going to spend Christmas on a cruise ship this year. Needless to say, I am NOT, but I was interested in finding it because this morning my facebook status said that NEXT YEAR I am spending Christmas on a cruise ship. I don't know what it is about the holidays, but it sure brings out the crazy in people! We haven't even touched on a discussion yet about what time Christmas Eve dinner will be served, cause of last year's Christmas debacle! It is just too much CHAOS for one girl to handle. I had a nice evening planned last night, and of course, there was an issue, so I spent my night mad, woke up mad, and keep thinking about how I really should not have to be dealing with these things! Even the mimosas I have had while doing laundry have not helped to take the edge off. . .I think it is time to move on to something a little stiffer or become Jewish and never speak of Christmas again.
Where is it warm in December, going to start planning now, but I am not very good with the whole geography thing!???
Posted by Colleen at 1:35 PM
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the rain. I love the smell (some of you don't know about the awesome desert smell when it rains), I love the sound, I love the peace that comes over the house when it rains.
What I don't like is when it rains on Christmas. It rained on Christmas last year, it wasn't a good Christmas. I don't want it to rain again this year! The forecast for next week, isn't looking good!
Posted by Colleen at 5:57 AM
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
BUT I AM THE PROUD OWNER of ONE Barbie Dream House (well, I guess my mom is until my dad pays her, HA!), ONE Mario DSi bundle (also my dad, but we will wait until he pays Pat before we say that, HA!), TWO Zhu Zhu pets, what the heck we are going to do with them, I DON'T KNOW, but have Toys R Us tell me it is one per family per day, I suddenly DESPERATELY need them! I am currently looking for some of the "accessories" that go with the pet, but I don't know where to get them, anyone have any Zhu Zhu pet knowledge they would like to share!
It is times like this that I think about just how TRULY blessed my kids are. There are aunts, uncles and grandparents out there searching high and low for their desired items. I know it isn't about gifts, but the effort that goes into getting these gifts is the true testament of love!
Hope you are all having as much fun Christmas shopping as we are! It is always a mad dash for something around these parts!
Posted by Colleen at 4:36 PM
Saturday, December 12, 2009
The movie with Bill Murray, I hate it! In fact, I cannot STAND it! I don't watch movies more than once for the most part, so why would I want to watch the same DAMN scene about a million and one times!
However, there must be some driving force behind this movie, and karma is paying me back for hating it because my LIFE is like the flipping movie!
Each and every week, I am convinced that this week is the week that it will all change, no one will be sick, we will rest up and be ready for the holidays, we will get XYZ done, and again, I am back to blogging about some stupid issue, illness, whatever! Sure enough yesterday morning, Jackson woke up with a barking seal cough, FORGET anytime in the past that I have commented on the barking seal cough, THIS WAS THE BARKING SEAL COUGH, it was insane, he had slightly labored breathing, and I just KNEW it was croup. Thankfully because of all my past research on the barking seal cough, I knew to put him in the shower and let the heat work its magic, I also remembered to send him outside in the cold, BOTH OF THESE WORKED MAGIC-I wish I would have done them in the reverse order, since he was out in the cold with wet hair (I put a hood on him, but still, that was my downfall of yesterday morning), but hell, the kid could breathe again, and that's all that matters!
We headed to the doctor, where I played crazy mommy, demanding they give me an appointment immediately (they weren't answering their phones, which makes me nuts), got in, and Pam (my new fav-forget everything I have said about her in the past, she has really become saintly in my eyes, I LOVE HER!) sent us off with a scrip for steroid pills and off we went. He was 95% better at this point, we went to IHOP, Target, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Sprint, back to Best Buy, it was a day I was looking forward to spending by myself, BUT it is a day I will probably never forget because we had so much fun shopping for Tyler!
OH, did you miss the part where I said PILLS, that's right, PILLS, my four year old, THREE PILLS, and a crazed mommy that really needs a trip to the Bahamas. It was not my proudest moment as I am screaming at him that he HAS TO SWALLOW them, to get his act together, etc! I was just so scared that the pills were going to dissolve in my hand, and he wouldn't be able to take them. After he got the first one down and realized that he wasn't going to DIE, he was a champ and swallowed the other two, but it was not a pretty moment in the kitchen!
Around 7:00 last night, he was a looney tune, I don't know what these drugs do, but he was STARVING, threw down a second dinner, was sitting at the IKEA table in the family room, leaned back and asked if I wanted to take his picture because he was "lounging in a coffee shop"! I don't even know, I haven't laughed so hard in quite awhile. He finally went to sleep and slept through the night, but I don't think he has stopped eating this morning.
We will see if he is able to sit still when we head off to see The Princess and the Frog this morning-I heard there is voodoo and death, hopefully that will keep my little boy entertained in the "girl movie"!
Posted by Colleen at 7:52 AM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I don't know how Tyler knows this song, but it is her new FAVORITE, and I think the song is very true!
Tyler is wise beyond her years!!!!
Posted by Colleen at 8:06 AM
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
1. Arizona does not know how to function in stormy weather conditions. Poor Pat took Jackson to school this morning, traffic lights were out, trees down, etc. We are just not cut out for this sort of thing!
2. OK, poor Elin Woods. Seriously, can you imagine, just imagine, waking up every morning and seeing the number of women that your husband has slept with just SKY ROCKET! I mean, I would hope that she knows, but I can't really imagine Tiger suddenly decided to be honest with her and confess the true number of affairs he had/is having! I am just so sad, what a sad "role model" for his son and daughter. His choices affect more than just him. ARGH! This topic makes me ANGRY!
3. When I got married, my sister and Karissa threw me a Bridal Shower. My sister sent out these little recipe cards, and people sent them back in. It was a GREAT treat to have all of these treats to make. Anyway, this morning, I made the kids Laurie's Cinnamon Toast. It is a favorite around these parts.
4. I desperately want a new purse, but I can't find one I like.
5. I was eligible for a new phone on December 1st, and would you believe I haven't SPRINTED to the store to get one. I figure it is just a phone, but I would love to tweet from my phone, that's all I really care about!
6. I have already started preparing the kids for the real possibility that we will not be able to go to the Polar Express tomorrow. There was a HUGE snow storm, and the roads up there are all closed. Jackson shed a tear or two, saying that it will take forever for Christmas to come again so that we could go next year, but over all, I feel my kids are pretty flexible. Promises of hanging out with daddy seemed to cheer them up, but I will tell you they ask about every five minutes if the Polar Express is open yet! HA!
7. I feel like there are more holiday specials on this year than ever before!!!!
8. I made the playoffs of my Fantasy Football League, really excited, don't know that I have ever been before!
9. I bought Tyler some Christmas panties, that apparently were labeled Bikini Briefs, Pat comes in demanding to know what they are, I look at him like he has three heads. He says, "Let's stick with little girl panties that have cartoons on them! I don't want to see anything labeled bikini or brief!" I'll get right on that PSYCHO! She is three, and they are gingerbread girl panties. I didn't know that put her on stage at the Prime Time Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!
10. What did Chips Ahoy do to their recipe? If they tried to take out the trans fat or something stupid, PUT IT BACK, they don't taste the same at all!! If I am eating Chips Ahoy, do you think I care about trans fat. I don't know if this is what REALLY happened, I am just guessing, but I don't like Chips Ahoy anymore!
Posted by Colleen at 7:31 AM
Saturday, December 5, 2009
I seriously NEVER played with dolls. I didn't like them! Much like Jackson, I was more interested in video games and sports, so this whole FASCINATION and sudden DESIRE for the Barbie Dream House, JUST BLOWS MY MIND! I could buy Jackson a Nintendo DS in 2.2 seconds because I get it, but to spend the same amount on a Barbie house, really pains me! I feel sick just looking at it. It is sooooooooo pink and cheap looking, BLAH!
I really don't need anymore Barbie stuff in my house, staring me in the face saying, "YOU ARE A FAT COW, YOU SHOULD LOOK LIKE ME!" I swear Barbie whispers that in my ear in the middle of the night!
Posted by Colleen at 5:12 PM
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Who else thinks she is RIDICULOUSLY talented. I think she captured the personalities of my children PERFECTLY. She got a family shot, which was my entire goal, and who can deny that Tyler's picture on the side bar is BEAUTIFUL!!! IF you need a photographer in Phoenix, CLICK HERE!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
"The word tortilla in Spanish is QUESADILLA!" -Jackson, age 4
Posted by Colleen at 4:19 PM
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
1. Already had to have a new account number issue because of fraud occuring on my account. One binge weekend of online shopping, and suddenly my credit card is compromised! For the love of monkeys, this is why I like to go to the MALL!!!!!
2. Need a fun Christmas gift for a teacher???? How about amazon.com has some GREAT year long magazine subscriptions for $5 right now. ONE happens to be Travel and Leisure, so I ordered it for the teachers, and I attached a note that reads, "Start planning your summer vacation! Happy Holidays!" They have cute little "gift" certificates! REALLY FUN! I am proud of this one!
3. The White House Party Crashers make me laugh!
4. I am starting to go a little stir crazy because I don't have any Diet Coke in the house, IT IS MAKING ME INSANE!!! Usually I would just hit up McDonald's on the way to school and get my fix!
5. Today is enchilada day at Jackson's school. When I was a teacher, this was my FAVORITE, those San Antonio schools really knew how to make a mean enchilada, and it was cheap! If I were off house arrest, I might consider going to have lunch with J today!
6. Tyler is doing much better. She doesn't have all of her original spunk back, but she went to school yesterday and made it through the whole day with plenty of attitude to spare when she got home. I have mixed feelings about the Swine Flu. While many say, it is just the flu it is no big deal, blah blah blah, I would have to say that it is the WORST version of the flu I have ever seen. I have never seen Tyler so sick. SICK! I am pretty convinced that Jackson had it first. They never tested him, and they treated him for a sinus infection, BUT he had EXACTLY the same symptoms as Tyler, and like her, he is till congested with a cough. Again, I have never seen Jackson as sick as he was. This leads me to the question I play over and over again-"Should I have vaccinated my children?" I still say no, and I stand by my decision.
7. I am really struggling with what to do about Jackson's birthday this year! I don't want to deny him a party, but I also don't want to be responsible for inviting 30 plus kids from his class, plus all of his friends that don't go to his school. What to do, what to do!
8. Amazon.com has been a LIFE SAVER this season. Probably also the reason for my credit card fraud, but seriously, LOVE IT! You can get most items with free shipping, and they have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much stuff!
9. After being stuck at home on Thanksgiving with nothing in my freezer, I have since STUFFED IT, Katie would be SOOOOOOOO proud. I swear the girl AND HER FAMILY could live for at least a month, maybe two, on just the items from her freezer!
10. I have decided that I am going to make Christmas Dinner this year. We are always so full, so we usually skip it, but that makes me sad because I have nothing to look forward to, so I am going to pick a new recipe, try it, and BAM!
Posted by Colleen at 6:36 AM
Monday, November 30, 2009
To all my loyal readers who have witnessed the highs and lows of November, we have made it! Thank you for listening to me whine, cry, cheer, scream, rejoice, etc. The end has come, and I would REALLY like to forget this month ever occured, but if I were to erase November from my mind, I would have to erase all the wonderful acts of kindness that also occured. From my house to yours, here's hoping that December is much brighter!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
OK, so most of you know about my fear of people ringing my doorbell. I hate when people come to my door, I will most likely NOT ANSWER if you show up unannounced, and you will hear us all inside trying to be TOTALLY QUIET! However, after being stuck inside for almost four days, with no chance to get to any stores on Black Friday, I finally caved and started online shopping. First, I started buying things for those who live out of town. I don't know why I try to buy anything and mail it, it is soooooooooo much easier to ship from the site DIRECTLY to their house! So, I made a few purchases! Then, I started to feel a little down, not that I don't LOVE giving and all, but I wanted something to look forward to at my house (HOW RAPIDLY MY FEAR SUBSIDES AFTER BEING STUCK IN A HOUSE WITH CRABS ALL WEEKEND)! Please let the UPS/FedEx man/woman be friendly, someone with a smile, someone that DOES NOT HAVE SWINE FLU! So, I make a few purchases. You know what I did, I started using up the gift cards that I still have in my wallet from last Christmas. Got the kids some clothes, bought a few gifts for my family, ordered some gift cards, renewed my grandpa's POGO subscription (I figured it was just easier since I set it up to log on and insert my card number than trying to have him do it!) Seriously, it was ADDICTING! AND YOU KNOW WHAT, I got to do it all from the privacy of my own home, most came with free shipping, and I was wearing my pajamas the whole time. I think I even earned a Disney dollar or two! So from this home to yours. . .Merry Christmas and HAPPY SHOPPING!
Posted by Colleen at 7:30 AM
Saturday, November 28, 2009
It looks like a REALLY BAD COLD! You have a temperature, and you have a TERRIBLE COUGH that doesn't go away for DAYS AND DAYS ON END!!! I was confused as to what Swine Flu "looked like", but now that I know, I could spot it a mile away!!!
Posted by Colleen at 6:15 AM
Friday, November 27, 2009
when (s)he says:
"You will be able to run a marathon the next day!" TRANSLATION: After the excruciating pain that you will endure for 6-8 hours after the procedure, you should wake up the next morning and tend to your two children, just like always, almost just as though you gave birth!
"Don't do any housework for 4 weeks!" TRANSLATION: As long as your husband and daughter don't come down with swine flu, you should get a good amount of rest and relaxation. If they do get swine flu, pick up and carry on as though you never had a painful procedure, and a procedure in which it is important NOT to stretch the bladder muscles.
"You won't throw up more than three hours after the anesthesia!" TRANSLATION: BULL SHIT!
I can't think of anything else that is funny. This is so not funny to me. Pat has told me that I am not a silver lining person. He is wrong! I do see the silver lining, the kids are able to get the treatment they need to get better, the friends and family have come out of the woodwork, I got to spend Thanksgiving in my pajamas which are my favorite thing, I learned that the surgery may have worked because I now know that I can throw up without peeing myself, and there are many others. I do see the silver lining, and I know that it is there, but not for one second does that stop the tears from falling! Pat and I have FAILED miserably this weekend to work as a team, it makes me sad, but really I don't know how else to do it. I just had surgery. I am supposed to be lying in bed. Nothing went according to my plan, and anyone who knows me, knows that I hate when that happens!
Posted by Colleen at 12:03 PM
Thursday, November 26, 2009
We have absolutely SO MUCH to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. While Jackson is staying with my mom, and Pat and Tyler recover from their diseases, and I recover from surgery, the outpouring of love and support is ABSOLUTELY incredible. Friends have listened to me sob on the phone, sent text messages checking up on all of us, offered food, grocery shopping, invitations to their home for Thanksgiving, etc. I know that we are not having a "traditional" Thanksgiving this year, but I know that we are doing what is best for our family. I miss my little Jackson more than words can express on this holiday day, but I know that to him tomorrow will be Thanksgiving, and one day we will all forget about this "not so traditional" Thanksgiving. To each and every one of you that have sent me a comment, email, text message, phone call, etc. It really warms my heart, and your care has not gone without notice. Just a pic of my sickie, she is still beautiful!
NOW, who is going to wait in line for me at Walmart tomorrow to get the smoking deals I have been eyeing in the ad!!??
Posted by Colleen at 8:59 AM
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
She is now diagnosed with swine flu and strep throat!
Pat is on his way to a CVS Clinic because no doctor can see him.
I am going to cry myself to sleep because my head is pounding, and I can't really do anything to help! If I end up with swine flu next week, HEADS WILL ROLL!
Posted by Colleen at 9:41 AM
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
I will have a picture of Tyler's cheek bone incident. . .more to come!
OK, so the picture doesn't even do it justice, it has change colors about a million and one times, it was nasty, but it is healing nicely!
Posted by Colleen at 1:13 PM
Sunday, November 22, 2009
I LOVE Christmas Movies. Lifetime, Big Screen, Hallmark, ABC Family, whatever! I have about 12 on my DVR right now waiting to watch. Pat is a good sport about it, and he watches them with me, but really, I think he would just watch Badder Santa each and every time if that were an option! I even taped Richie Rich's Christmas the other day and made the kids watch it with me, telling them it was a Christmas Movie for Kids! I am desperate to see Santa Baby 2 coming out in December on ABC Family.
What's your favorite Christmas must see!!!!????????
Posted by Colleen at 2:21 PM
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Some people don't accomplish nearly the amount of things that "we" accomplished in 2006. (AND, I just wanted some of you to laugh at my blond hair!!)
ANNOUNCED 2nd Pregnancy
ATTENDED Two Day Wedding Extravaganza for Katie and Paul while PREGGO!
WATCHED Pat give speech at said Extravaganza after gaining about 20 pounds!
TRAVELED to Saint Louis
ATE the yummiest Easter Brunch ever, and watched Pat gain some more weight!
GRADUATED from Law School
MOVED to Anthem
(here's the full belly if you must see me less than 2 months before giving birth!)
PASSED the AZ Bar Exam-sadly I don't have a picture of this momentous event!
GAVE birth to darling Tyler!
SAW Rachael Ray in person at Ghetto Mills Mall!
LEARNED that Tyler had eyes only for Daddy back in the day!
MET the Anthem Santa for the first time!
Posted by Colleen at 4:16 AM
Friday, November 20, 2009
I know that Pat and I have not been able to have kids for over a year now, but CORRECT THAT, Pat hasn't been able to have kids for over a year now, but I COULD! Not that I was planning on running off to have some kids with Justin Timberlake, but as of this coming Tuesday, I can't run off with Justin to have his babies. I know, I know-what are the chances, BUT a girl can dream!!!!!!! Right!??????
I DON'T want more kids, I can barely handle the two I have, and we are SOOOOOOOOOO BLESSED, so blessed, some people would love to have a boy and a girl, the boy first so that he can look out for his younger sister (some people think this way, I don't really care), and Jackson does that, he is GREAT, really!!!!! SOOOOOoooooooo, why do I seem sooooooooooo incredibly sad about this stage of my life coming to an end??? I really probably can't have more kids anyway, we tried, biggest blessing of my life was NOT getting pregnant. . .tried for a year, it was NOT meant to be!
BUT, I read all these blogs, see all these people getting pregnant, read about the people who CANNOT get pregnant, and it makes me wonder about what life with a third child would be like. I thought Jackson and Tyler were the most beautiful babies in the world (well, Tyler was kind of scary and scrawny, and I didn't really know what to do with her 7 pound 3 ounce self after all of Jackson's 9 pounds 9 ounces, but she "chubbed" up a little and got cute, now she's gorgeous, so really it all evens out in the end!), but I see other blogs, and really ALL babies look like my babies, so they are beautiful. It reminds me of all the FANTASTIC clothes, the smells, the first smile, step, tooth, etc. WHY DON'T THEY REMIND ME OF THE BAD? Being up all night, never sleeping, fighting with your husband because they don't know how to help (OMG, that still happens, does it ever stop!), the crying, the whining (still ongoing), not being able to eat real food, never leaving the house without fifteen changes of clothes, POTTY TRAINING, etc.
I may have just reminded myself of all the reasons why there is no baby 3, but it still breaks my heart, just a little, to think about never having a baby in the house again. It makes me smile a little though to think about the fact that the two little loves in my life, even with all their drama, illness, whining, crying, issues, etc, still make me tear up, thinking about the fact that they nor any other child will be a baby in this house, EVER AGAIN!
Oooooh, and how can I forget my Grandma, and how if you have a baby in the state of AZ, she will come sit in your hospital room for HOURS, just holding the baby so that you can sleep, watch TV, eat, whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that the procedure will improve my quality of life, or at least I hope, but it doesn't go unnoticed that these are the last of my precious babies!
Posted by Colleen at 4:00 AM
Thursday, November 19, 2009
This perfect-for-layering tank is actually shapewear! Everyone is talking about Yummie Tummie. The Tank flawlessly slims your midsection. Go ahead. Wear it under your favorite tops. It'll look great as it camouflages lumps and bumps! Body-conscious, shaping tank top. 100% cotton fabric, spandex tummy panel. Slick fabric will not cling to clothes. Tummy panel firmly shapes and smoothes bustline to hips. Moisture-wicking, keeps you feeling cool and dry. Elongated design, will not roll up. Tagless for comfort. Hip length and designed to be perfect for layering. Available Colors: Black, Chocolate,... Ivory, Navy, Nude, Pale Blue, Pale Pink, Salmon, White Available Sizes: LARGE, MEDIUM, SMALL, X-LARGE
I WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Colleen at 7:08 AM
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I wish my friend, Jen, would post pictures of her house on here because then you could see just how stinking GREAT her taste is! I love it, I love the blog tips, and for you etsy lovers, she is always talking about etsy!
Monday, November 16, 2009
1. Too funny to leave out of the Ten on Tuesday! I really want to submit it to Jay Leno. . .God Bless Tyler's teachers, they were soooooooooooooo proud of this project, and when I took a look at it, I couldn't stop laughing, SERIOUSLY!!!???? Plimoth. . .try Plymouth next time people!
(and a picture of Tyler because she wanted to hold her boat and have her picture taken!)
2. I need to find some guidance in becoming the mom I would like to be. . .because most days, I am TOTALLY NOT!!!
3. Next Tuesday, I am going in for a bladder sling and uterine ablation. I am anxious to see how it all goes, I wonder if it will bring the desired relief, but mostly I am scared about the "No Driving for Two Weeks Rule!" When the procedure was sold to me, the doctor told me one week, then I got the papers in the mail and it said two weeks. I haven't told Pat about this yet because I fear he may FLIP OUT! I am totally going to have to send out a schedule of drivers, but I don't live close to the schools, what the heck am I going to do? I certainly cannot be alone in the house with them for two weeks, SHOOT ME NOW!
4. I don't like Sarah Palin, that is no secret, but she THREW McCain under the bus on Oprah, and apparently does this again and again on 20/20 Friday night, so I am curious, if you liked her before, do you still like her? Do you like her more than McCain? Because I like McCain WAY MORE THAN HER, and she just gave me ANOTHER REASON to hate her! Although I want to squeeze that sweet little baby, Trig! He is just too cute for words!
5. While I LOVE Dolce's services, I absolutely DESPISE the girls that work at the front desk, most specifically the Arrowhead location. THEY ARE MORONS, no one knows how to ring up gift cards, they stare into space and wait for some other MORON to come to their assistance, FOR THE LOVE. . .Tabitha would DIE if she saw the crap these girls are pulling!
6. Each year as Jackson's birthday approaches, I start to get depressed. I DID NOT put one thought into how TERRIBLE a December birthday would be, not only December but TWO DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS, who has the energy?! I am a person who thinks out EVERYTHING, but seriously, he NEVER gets to go to school on his birthday! While he calls his school birthday his "pretend" birthday, we all know it is not the same! Sweet thing just wants me to bring him McDonald's like we did for Tyler on her birthday! Lucky for me, this year his birthday is on a Sunday, Football Day, the day he loves most!
7. Pat and I watched The Ugly Truth this weekend (1) HYSTERICAL (2) Maybe I am getting old, but was it TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!?? (3) Pat and I just kept wondering if we really heard the tv correctly!???
8. Has anyone ever been to the Wrigley Mansion? I feel I want to go, but I also feel it may be overrated!
9. I really want the Cardinals to do well this year. They are so random with when they play well and when they do not, but I am desperate to have a team to cheer for once Fantasy Football is over!
10. My mom's college roommate, Joanie, moved here this summer. I love that she is here. I know her situation is TOTALLY different than Karissa's, but it gives me hope that MAYBE one day Karissa and I will live in the same city!
Posted by Colleen at 4:11 PM
When I was younger, I used to think that my family was unique in that we fight over everything! I was embarrassed by this, and I would try to keep it on the down low! However, as I grow up, I am learning that we are NOT unique, every family has their own drama, and I really have NOTHING to be embarrassed about. I met the cutest elderly lady at Target the other day, she was my cashier. We started chatting about getting ready for the holidays, the drama, the fighting, etc. She told me that her family once had a fight over how the Christmas tree should be decorated. Then, she whispered a little "secret", "If you have a glass of wine before the start of the party, it will all seem a little easier to deal with!"
I would have to say that our biggest family fight, probably happened over Easter when Pat and I lived in San Antonio, but our biggest Christmas fight was probably over what time to eat Christmas Eve dinner.
What has your biggest Christmas fight been over? Maybe this will help bring some realization to how stupid these fights are and bring some relaxation to the holiday season.
PS-I obviously do not know how to spell the word embarrassed!!!! It came up twice during spell check, and then, I had to check it again after I typed the PS! That's kind of funny!
Posted by Colleen at 8:26 AM
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I think about returning to Seattle about twelve hundred times a day. I have never been to a place where I just love it from the moment the plane touches down. I am not easily impressed. Something about Seattle impressed me. I don't know if it was the people, the food, the weather, the atmosphere, etc. Maybe it wouldn't be as GREAT if I lived there, but honestly, it is my happy place. I can only imagine all I didn't get to see and do since we were there for all of 24 hours, but I think about taking the kids there, watching Tyler eat MASSIVE AMOUNTS of fruit at the Market, going on a boat, to the top of the Space Needle, the possibilities are endless. Maybe we will just forget about buying a house here and get one there. I am sooooooooo thankful I got to go to Seattle this year!
Posted by Colleen at 12:42 PM
Saturday, November 14, 2009
SAY WHAT? I think we should have been the winner, but that's just me!
Anyway, I entered this ASU Contest awhile ago, and you can click here to see the winner and the other runner up! I won a t-shirt. Pretty groovy, now I am off to research what I could have won if I were the winner, LOL!!!
Posted by Colleen at 8:00 AM
Friday, November 13, 2009
Let's be real Santa, you haven't done a real good job of getting me what I want for Christmas. Usually I have to do all the work myself, and you even take it as far as having me wrap my own gifts. I am prepared, don't worry, I know I haven't been the best of girls this year, but come on, I have seen the way kids behave today, I can't be any worse than them!
(1) Target gift card to fuel the Clearance addiction.
(2) Michael Buble and Joss Stone new CD
(3) a DVD player
(4) REALLY LARGE flat screen tv (just in case you did find a sponsor and they want to throw this in)
(5) new computer, I mean seriously, I can't write you these letters or provide delightfully entertaining blogs to my seven or eight followers if my computer runs like a tortoise
(6) a maid-just a standard request
(7) also a nanny if I am able to request help
(8) a diagnosis, just in case you happen to be magical like you claim
(9) those Reebok shoes that have the AMAZING looking girl modeling them in the commercial that make me feel like a GIANT LAZY ASS every time it comes on-I mean, you must just put them on and poof you look like her, I wouldn't have to work out or anything? Size 8
(10) The sequin Coach purse OR shoes, but really just one or the other, both of them and you would see me coming from a mile away.
(11) My kids to overcome their fear of animals-so annoying.
(12) For Postino's to deliver, or at least start curb side service, and a gift card there because I love it, love like marriage!
(13) For my husband to come home early once a week, by early I mean 2 or 3! I mean if he is going to work late once a week, shouldn't it be compensated with him coming home early once a week?
(14) Costco gift cards are always good because they have easy to make food that is YUMMY, and that is a gift to me-FOR SURE!
(15) Tyler learning to play by herself would be a REAL TREAT!
(16) black furry flip flops from Macy's-Roxy brand-they are not slippers, they are in the shoe department and Andrea and Shannon told me that I can wear them out!
(17) The Pioneer Woman Cooks (cookbook)
(18) Trip to St Louis to see my Bestie!
(19) Bath and Body Works gift card-I really only like certain scents, so please just let me pick my own!
(20) Any sort of wine (preferably with a fun label), I don't discriminate, always makes a nice gift!
Can't say I never told you what I want.
Sick of Wrapping Her Own Presents and Putting them Under the Tree
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Please let someone to decide to sponsor a new wardrobe for me for Christmas. I have nothing to wear, and that is odd since my closet is full, all of which I don't like or doesn't fit. I like to shop at Macy's, but their stuff is expensive, so if someone does decide to sponsor me, I would like a shopping spree, something in the neighborhood of $1000 would help me become a little less reliant on my black pants.
Desperate for New Clothes
Posted by Colleen at 2:48 PM
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Playgroups are No Place for Children-MY NEW FAVORITE BLOG!!!!
On a different note, here are some pictures Shannon sent me from the Fun Run-Thanks Shannon, it's good to have friends like you!
My sister, Katie, wants opinions over on her blog on whether or not she should have another kid. Her opinion is that "Maybe they (grandma, mom, sister) just think I can't handle two.....but I think I am doing a good job with one....what's one more...right? ;o)" Come on ladies with multiple children. . .weigh in on this one!
Posted by Colleen at 6:33 AM
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
1. Porsche Cayenne Turbo
3. 3 piece suit
4. Joanie's Pottery Barn Couch she has on Craig's List (might be a little bit for me too)!
5. Really nice watch-Rolex maybe?
7. A big screen TV
8. new i-Pod
9. new laptop
10. Einstein's Bagel Gift Card with an unlimited amount of $ on it!
11. Membership at Disneyland's Club 33
12. Trip to Europe
13. Beach House in San Diego
14. New Tennis Racket (not from Target)
15. An appointment with a top stylist to do something with his hair that he has been asking me about for over 10 years! What do I know? I wear black pants and a t-shirt every day, HA!
16. Golf Lessons
17. Trip to meet the cast of Glee Audition to be on the show Glee
18. 14 Day Round Trip Cruise to Hawaii (also might be a little bit for me-but seeing me happy should make him happy, right?)!
19. Membership to a certain Country Club that is right by us.
20. Nice bottle of Malbec
21. Lawn service
23. Suburban-so he could stop listening to me talk about how I want one! Isn't that nice of me!???
24. The Nerf Game for Wii
25. A paralegal he gets along with
26. Unlimited supply of junk food here at home: twinkies, chips and ranch dip, Dr Pepper, hot dogs, and the list goes on and on!
27. A house with LOTS AND LOTS of carpet
28. A deep fryer
29. A few extra hours in each and every day!
30. The new Michael Buble CD, but that will be owned by JACLYN SWOPE for her "My collection of frozen bananas is bigger than yours!" Some may think this is silly, but I chose it because of Pat, and since it is his birthday and all, I will tell you that he has threatened to throw my three or four frozen bananas away a million and one times, and I am not sure what he would do if I had NINETEEN in the freezer!!! Congrats. .. you will be able to rock out to the sweet sounds of Michael Buble-while making some banana bread! (ooooh, and Go Bananas is a Fresh Beat Band song, you scored points with your comment as well!)
HAPPY 30th Birthday Pat-hope you have a great day!
Posted by Colleen at 7:00 AM