All those who want to buy me a birthday present for the big 30, please get together and coordinate your gift cards/money/etc. This lady is in desperate need of a new one!
Is this too forward???
Thanks in advance!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 9:43 AM
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
1. Emergency Appendectomy
2. Sinus Infection Caused by Allergies
3. Tyler's Double Ear Infection and Bronchitis
4. Pat's Ear Drum rupturing and bleeding out on his pillow
5. Jackson Banging Head on Metal Bar Going to Urgent Care
7. Bladder Sling and Ablation
8. Swine Flu
10. LOTS AND LOTS of ultrasounds, MRIs and CT scans, but my fav is when the lady told me my insides are beautiful!
Posted by Colleen at 6:24 AM
Sunday, December 27, 2009
And yet again, I begin and end the holiday season talking about how far away from the city of Phoenix we will go next year. I told Pat Christmas night that I really need to keep a journal of all the things people do and say that piss me off over Christmas. I blow off a lot. . .for example, my husband describing his life in one word as, "incomplete", during a round of Loaded Questions (please let me wake up your two beautiful children and tell them that-I KNOW WHAT HE MEANT, he has a lot left that he wants to do-BLAH BLAH BLAH), but there is something about the lack of respect for the feelings of my kids, husband and I that just stews inside me and makes me angry. So, can someone remind me next year I am taking a TOTALLY different approach to this whole Christmas thing. I just think we are not grasping the meaning of the season! Christmas should not make me angry. I feel like I need to be on a multitude of pills in order to survive! BLAH!
Anyway, we did manage to get a few pictures of us having fun. I swear we have done NOTHING this weekend but play video games, between Super Mario Bros, Madagascart, and Star Wars Light Saber Wars, I am tempted to buy a second Wii so that I can have my tv back. It has been so much fun. Tyler is starting to get into it. Jackson ROCKS at it, even my mom got in on the fun. Santa was very good to our family. He brought my family and me lots of GREAT TREASURES!
I am looking forward to this week more than anyone could possibly understand. I am hesitant because when I look forward to things, people tend to get sick, but my mom is taking the kids to her house for 3 GLORIOUS nights! I seriously need a break. Watching Tyler mother all her dolls, I am certain that she is already a better mother than I am, but this mothering thing is the most exhausting thing I have ever done. I wrapped, shopped, cleaned, organized, planned, etc for what seems like an eternity. Pat gave me a thank you, and in the end seeing the kids faces is sooooooo worth all the drama, but this momma is pooped. Of course, I have about a million and one things squeezed into those 3 nights because I have SOOOOOO MUCH to get done, but seriously, I just need a break! LOVE YOU MOM!
Now for a barrage of pictures, just in case you care!
Really, with all that beauty and joy, why should my post about Christmas seem so bitter! I need to be medicated. I told Pat that I was going to go marry a Groft so that I can do something fun on Christmas, like go bowling, he says, "Why don't we just go bowling?" Now there's an idea!
I need a few nights of sleep and a bottle of wine to recover from the drama!
Posted by Colleen at 4:35 PM
It is hard to believe that this handsome boy is 5 years old today!
Sweet thing, enjoy your Star Wars Light Saber game-but only until football starts-we have to watch and see if mommy wins the Fantasy Football Championship! WE LOVE YOU!
Posted by Colleen at 6:27 AM
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
That Jackson is only turning 5 because in this picture, he looks like a teenager! (YES, he is playing Super Mario with a sucker hanging out of his mouth!)
We had a tiny pajama party for Jackson Monday morning, per Jackson's requested we had breakfast food and everyone wore their pajamas. Instead of cake, we had cinnamon rolls. He was over the moon, and it was nice to enjoy the time with other mommies instead of running all over Chuck E Cheese like a chicken with my head cut off!
I think this was my favorite party date yet, the Monday of Christmas break means that they have a few new toys to play with, and they are not HARASSING ME every minute of this REALLY long break!
Posted by Colleen at 7:51 AM
Monday, December 21, 2009
Pat took the kids to see Santa yesterday morning. The kids were SOOOOOOOO excited, and Tyler was VERY proud of herself that she didn't cry at all. They were each allowed to tell Santa TWO things they wanted because Santa doesn't have room in his sleigh for more than that! I wish I could just bottle these moments up!
Have any of the other mommies out there started receiving daily texts or emails from Santa about whether or not your kids are on the Naughty or Nice list? Apparently it is the latest thing, and you may want to jump on this fear inducing band wagon!!!!
Posted by Colleen at 1:00 PM
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 1:43 AM
Saturday, December 19, 2009
I posted LAST YEAR about how I was going to spend Christmas on a cruise ship this year. Needless to say, I am NOT, but I was interested in finding it because this morning my facebook status said that NEXT YEAR I am spending Christmas on a cruise ship. I don't know what it is about the holidays, but it sure brings out the crazy in people! We haven't even touched on a discussion yet about what time Christmas Eve dinner will be served, cause of last year's Christmas debacle! It is just too much CHAOS for one girl to handle. I had a nice evening planned last night, and of course, there was an issue, so I spent my night mad, woke up mad, and keep thinking about how I really should not have to be dealing with these things! Even the mimosas I have had while doing laundry have not helped to take the edge off. . .I think it is time to move on to something a little stiffer or become Jewish and never speak of Christmas again.
Where is it warm in December, going to start planning now, but I am not very good with the whole geography thing!???
Posted by Colleen at 1:35 PM
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the rain. I love the smell (some of you don't know about the awesome desert smell when it rains), I love the sound, I love the peace that comes over the house when it rains.
What I don't like is when it rains on Christmas. It rained on Christmas last year, it wasn't a good Christmas. I don't want it to rain again this year! The forecast for next week, isn't looking good!
Posted by Colleen at 5:57 AM
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
BUT I AM THE PROUD OWNER of ONE Barbie Dream House (well, I guess my mom is until my dad pays her, HA!), ONE Mario DSi bundle (also my dad, but we will wait until he pays Pat before we say that, HA!), TWO Zhu Zhu pets, what the heck we are going to do with them, I DON'T KNOW, but have Toys R Us tell me it is one per family per day, I suddenly DESPERATELY need them! I am currently looking for some of the "accessories" that go with the pet, but I don't know where to get them, anyone have any Zhu Zhu pet knowledge they would like to share!
It is times like this that I think about just how TRULY blessed my kids are. There are aunts, uncles and grandparents out there searching high and low for their desired items. I know it isn't about gifts, but the effort that goes into getting these gifts is the true testament of love!
Hope you are all having as much fun Christmas shopping as we are! It is always a mad dash for something around these parts!
Posted by Colleen at 4:36 PM
Saturday, December 12, 2009
The movie with Bill Murray, I hate it! In fact, I cannot STAND it! I don't watch movies more than once for the most part, so why would I want to watch the same DAMN scene about a million and one times!
However, there must be some driving force behind this movie, and karma is paying me back for hating it because my LIFE is like the flipping movie!
Each and every week, I am convinced that this week is the week that it will all change, no one will be sick, we will rest up and be ready for the holidays, we will get XYZ done, and again, I am back to blogging about some stupid issue, illness, whatever! Sure enough yesterday morning, Jackson woke up with a barking seal cough, FORGET anytime in the past that I have commented on the barking seal cough, THIS WAS THE BARKING SEAL COUGH, it was insane, he had slightly labored breathing, and I just KNEW it was croup. Thankfully because of all my past research on the barking seal cough, I knew to put him in the shower and let the heat work its magic, I also remembered to send him outside in the cold, BOTH OF THESE WORKED MAGIC-I wish I would have done them in the reverse order, since he was out in the cold with wet hair (I put a hood on him, but still, that was my downfall of yesterday morning), but hell, the kid could breathe again, and that's all that matters!
We headed to the doctor, where I played crazy mommy, demanding they give me an appointment immediately (they weren't answering their phones, which makes me nuts), got in, and Pam (my new fav-forget everything I have said about her in the past, she has really become saintly in my eyes, I LOVE HER!) sent us off with a scrip for steroid pills and off we went. He was 95% better at this point, we went to IHOP, Target, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Sprint, back to Best Buy, it was a day I was looking forward to spending by myself, BUT it is a day I will probably never forget because we had so much fun shopping for Tyler!
OH, did you miss the part where I said PILLS, that's right, PILLS, my four year old, THREE PILLS, and a crazed mommy that really needs a trip to the Bahamas. It was not my proudest moment as I am screaming at him that he HAS TO SWALLOW them, to get his act together, etc! I was just so scared that the pills were going to dissolve in my hand, and he wouldn't be able to take them. After he got the first one down and realized that he wasn't going to DIE, he was a champ and swallowed the other two, but it was not a pretty moment in the kitchen!
Around 7:00 last night, he was a looney tune, I don't know what these drugs do, but he was STARVING, threw down a second dinner, was sitting at the IKEA table in the family room, leaned back and asked if I wanted to take his picture because he was "lounging in a coffee shop"! I don't even know, I haven't laughed so hard in quite awhile. He finally went to sleep and slept through the night, but I don't think he has stopped eating this morning.
We will see if he is able to sit still when we head off to see The Princess and the Frog this morning-I heard there is voodoo and death, hopefully that will keep my little boy entertained in the "girl movie"!
Posted by Colleen at 7:52 AM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I don't know how Tyler knows this song, but it is her new FAVORITE, and I think the song is very true!
Tyler is wise beyond her years!!!!
Posted by Colleen at 8:06 AM
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
1. Arizona does not know how to function in stormy weather conditions. Poor Pat took Jackson to school this morning, traffic lights were out, trees down, etc. We are just not cut out for this sort of thing!
2. OK, poor Elin Woods. Seriously, can you imagine, just imagine, waking up every morning and seeing the number of women that your husband has slept with just SKY ROCKET! I mean, I would hope that she knows, but I can't really imagine Tiger suddenly decided to be honest with her and confess the true number of affairs he had/is having! I am just so sad, what a sad "role model" for his son and daughter. His choices affect more than just him. ARGH! This topic makes me ANGRY!
3. When I got married, my sister and Karissa threw me a Bridal Shower. My sister sent out these little recipe cards, and people sent them back in. It was a GREAT treat to have all of these treats to make. Anyway, this morning, I made the kids Laurie's Cinnamon Toast. It is a favorite around these parts.
4. I desperately want a new purse, but I can't find one I like.
5. I was eligible for a new phone on December 1st, and would you believe I haven't SPRINTED to the store to get one. I figure it is just a phone, but I would love to tweet from my phone, that's all I really care about!
6. I have already started preparing the kids for the real possibility that we will not be able to go to the Polar Express tomorrow. There was a HUGE snow storm, and the roads up there are all closed. Jackson shed a tear or two, saying that it will take forever for Christmas to come again so that we could go next year, but over all, I feel my kids are pretty flexible. Promises of hanging out with daddy seemed to cheer them up, but I will tell you they ask about every five minutes if the Polar Express is open yet! HA!
7. I feel like there are more holiday specials on this year than ever before!!!!
8. I made the playoffs of my Fantasy Football League, really excited, don't know that I have ever been before!
9. I bought Tyler some Christmas panties, that apparently were labeled Bikini Briefs, Pat comes in demanding to know what they are, I look at him like he has three heads. He says, "Let's stick with little girl panties that have cartoons on them! I don't want to see anything labeled bikini or brief!" I'll get right on that PSYCHO! She is three, and they are gingerbread girl panties. I didn't know that put her on stage at the Prime Time Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!
10. What did Chips Ahoy do to their recipe? If they tried to take out the trans fat or something stupid, PUT IT BACK, they don't taste the same at all!! If I am eating Chips Ahoy, do you think I care about trans fat. I don't know if this is what REALLY happened, I am just guessing, but I don't like Chips Ahoy anymore!
Posted by Colleen at 7:31 AM
Saturday, December 5, 2009
I seriously NEVER played with dolls. I didn't like them! Much like Jackson, I was more interested in video games and sports, so this whole FASCINATION and sudden DESIRE for the Barbie Dream House, JUST BLOWS MY MIND! I could buy Jackson a Nintendo DS in 2.2 seconds because I get it, but to spend the same amount on a Barbie house, really pains me! I feel sick just looking at it. It is sooooooooo pink and cheap looking, BLAH!
I really don't need anymore Barbie stuff in my house, staring me in the face saying, "YOU ARE A FAT COW, YOU SHOULD LOOK LIKE ME!" I swear Barbie whispers that in my ear in the middle of the night!
Posted by Colleen at 5:12 PM
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Who else thinks she is RIDICULOUSLY talented. I think she captured the personalities of my children PERFECTLY. She got a family shot, which was my entire goal, and who can deny that Tyler's picture on the side bar is BEAUTIFUL!!! IF you need a photographer in Phoenix, CLICK HERE!
Posted by Colleen at 5:00 AM
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
"The word tortilla in Spanish is QUESADILLA!" -Jackson, age 4
Posted by Colleen at 4:19 PM
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
1. Already had to have a new account number issue because of fraud occuring on my account. One binge weekend of online shopping, and suddenly my credit card is compromised! For the love of monkeys, this is why I like to go to the MALL!!!!!
2. Need a fun Christmas gift for a teacher???? How about amazon.com has some GREAT year long magazine subscriptions for $5 right now. ONE happens to be Travel and Leisure, so I ordered it for the teachers, and I attached a note that reads, "Start planning your summer vacation! Happy Holidays!" They have cute little "gift" certificates! REALLY FUN! I am proud of this one!
3. The White House Party Crashers make me laugh!
4. I am starting to go a little stir crazy because I don't have any Diet Coke in the house, IT IS MAKING ME INSANE!!! Usually I would just hit up McDonald's on the way to school and get my fix!
5. Today is enchilada day at Jackson's school. When I was a teacher, this was my FAVORITE, those San Antonio schools really knew how to make a mean enchilada, and it was cheap! If I were off house arrest, I might consider going to have lunch with J today!
6. Tyler is doing much better. She doesn't have all of her original spunk back, but she went to school yesterday and made it through the whole day with plenty of attitude to spare when she got home. I have mixed feelings about the Swine Flu. While many say, it is just the flu it is no big deal, blah blah blah, I would have to say that it is the WORST version of the flu I have ever seen. I have never seen Tyler so sick. SICK! I am pretty convinced that Jackson had it first. They never tested him, and they treated him for a sinus infection, BUT he had EXACTLY the same symptoms as Tyler, and like her, he is till congested with a cough. Again, I have never seen Jackson as sick as he was. This leads me to the question I play over and over again-"Should I have vaccinated my children?" I still say no, and I stand by my decision.
7. I am really struggling with what to do about Jackson's birthday this year! I don't want to deny him a party, but I also don't want to be responsible for inviting 30 plus kids from his class, plus all of his friends that don't go to his school. What to do, what to do!
8. Amazon.com has been a LIFE SAVER this season. Probably also the reason for my credit card fraud, but seriously, LOVE IT! You can get most items with free shipping, and they have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much stuff!
9. After being stuck at home on Thanksgiving with nothing in my freezer, I have since STUFFED IT, Katie would be SOOOOOOOO proud. I swear the girl AND HER FAMILY could live for at least a month, maybe two, on just the items from her freezer!
10. I have decided that I am going to make Christmas Dinner this year. We are always so full, so we usually skip it, but that makes me sad because I have nothing to look forward to, so I am going to pick a new recipe, try it, and BAM!
Posted by Colleen at 6:36 AM