1. My kids are OBSESSED with Tekken, seriously they will play it for hours. Tyler selects her characters on the basis of what they are wearing, while Jackson goes for the characters that have a weapon. VERY CUTE!
2. Anyone who reads this blog knows that I L-O-V-E time away from my kids, the longer the better in my mind! However, on Sunday, I was actually pleased to see my kids, Pat, anyone really who loved me for me! I don't care that I wear my black pants every day, I don't care that my hair is still thrown up in the "Xavier" style 10 years later. I am who I am, and I will be that person whether my kids go to public school or a fancy private school.
3. I love the Bachelorette, seriously, LOVE IT!
4. I had a really good one for this week, and I said to Shannon, "Ten on Tuesday", SHOCKER, I cannot remember it!
5. Don't say "I Told You So!", but I am totally DYING to go to San Antonio, it would be great to go back three years later, see the peeps, eat the food and get to head back out again. PLUS, they have Magic Mountain and Sea World, who doesn't love that!
6. Jackson's true Texan shone through the other night when he threw down four helpings of Frito Pie. I ate it, and it was fine, but I really miss our friend Rob's Super Bowl Chili. It was sweet, delicious, and really nothing compares. I wish one of their family members would call me back so that I could get the recipe.
7. I am excited that Tyler has school this morning, Jackson and I are going to go swimming. It is now impossible to take both of them swimming by myself because someone has to be watching each of them at all times. If I am in with them by myself, I feel like a swivel head, SERIOUSLY!
8. The death of Michael Jackson has not really impacted my life in any way! Sure, I LOVE watching a good news story, but this one fizzled out pretty quickly in my opinion. He was bizarre, and it looks like with all the drug abuse he kind of got what was coming to him. I don't understand the people weeping in the streets, I do feel bad for the kids. Maybe if Justin Timberlake died I would weep in the streets. I just keep hoping that JT plays Michael Jackson in the movie they will make of his life, that's probably the only way I would go see it.
9. I am 100% addicted to Sorority Life on facebook, SERIOUSLY, I have the most addictive personality when it comes to games. I love "video" games, it is not surprising that my kids love it as well!
10. Chik-Fil-A has free breakfast all week, you don't need a coupon, so head over and get your grub on! It is a different breakfast item for free everyday!
Monday, June 29, 2009
1. My kids are OBSESSED with Tekken, seriously they will play it for hours. Tyler selects her characters on the basis of what they are wearing, while Jackson goes for the characters that have a weapon. VERY CUTE!
Posted by Colleen at 7:46 PM
Friday, June 26, 2009
Apparently Tyler has realized she is a fish and swims to me UNANNOUNCED wherever I am in the pool, it is a real challenge to keep track of both of them in the pool! Just thought I would let you know that she DEFINITELY found her inner-Nemo!!!
Posted by Colleen at 7:07 PM
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Pat is ridiculously busy, RIDICULOUSLY!! He has logged some RIDICULOUS amount of hours so far this month, I don't even want to think about it, just look back and remember the night he was at work until 1 AM! The nights are long, the phone calls to annoy him and ask him when he is coming home are short, but I am trying to remain postitive, there are sooooooooooooo many people out of work, people are taking pay cuts, etc. However, the summers are long and hot, and it is these days that I would like to get away, escape the heat, have some help, etc. BUT, we are blessed, preschool is a blessing, our short get aways are a blessing, the weekly gatherings of family are so fun (SO GLAD JOANIE IS MOVING HERE, DAVID IS COMING TO VISIT, etc), the pool is always blue, and believe it or not, my house is ALWAYS clean. I have that POP IN house that I have always wanted. I may be in my pajamas when I answer the door, but even my mom cannot believe how clean my house is. I can clean a house, I just chose not to when I lived in the foreclosure home! SPEAKING OF WHICH, I owe you the whole story now that we are GONE! (Isn't our courtyard pretty, that's where the picture was taken above!)
The foreclosure was a VERY difficult time for me, looking back on it, I think it ties my appendix as the most trying time in my life. FOUR heavyset/HUGE men arrived on my doorstep May 14th, 2009. While I totally knew that it was coming, these men were the realtor and his pimps that wanted to buy the house, they asked me some questions, asked if I knew my house was going into foreclosure, to which I replied, "No. I rent!" Thank GOD I did because the man was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to me after that-he ended up buying the house. He gave us until the 1st to get out when REALLY, I only had to have 5 days. We found this amazing house, but it was a LONG and torturous 15 days. I thought people were CONSTANTLY trying to get into my house, ask me questions, etc. I wasn't comfortable in my own house, couldn't sleep, thought I was seriously going crazy, but now I know that was a temporary situation. Would I love more sleep here, SURE, would I love a maid, lawn service, Diet Coke fountain, sure! I would still love all those things, but I am no longer FEARFUL of people knocking on my door. That's a little untrue, I still harbor some terror of strangers, but overall, I think I am recovering!
SO, I beg you to stick with me, I will try to whine less and drink more, HA! I can't promise it will be a TON better, but I am hopeful that the doom and gloom is behind me, and I can focus on the good!
Posted by Colleen at 5:37 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1. Is there anything sweeter than a dad and his little boy???
2. I found a Dora the Explorer/Sponge Bob breakfast at the JW Marriot Desert Ridge. It is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced, Tyler could possibly hate it, but her obsession with Dora leads me to believe that we must go! They had better have Eggs Benedict! YUM!
3. It is officially HOT! So hot when you stand in the parking lot at drop off/pick up, you can feel the heat radiating off the pavement. This is how I judge how hot it is, IT IS HOT!
4. I am going for another pelvic ultrasound on Thursday, yet again, I plan on drinking 48 oz of Diet Coke-not water, and yet again, I probably won't drink 48 oz! The technician has no idea, NONE! My bladder would literally BURST if I drank that much!
5. Karissa messaged me that I look "stunning" in the above picture header, which I went to look at further, and in my opinion, I look tired and old. I thought it was REALLY sweet of her to say I look good! I miss her, she is so good for my ego!
6. Guess what Pat got for Father's Day. . .Ed Hardy boxer briefs! You know you want to get your husband some!
7. I think Megan Fox is HOT, Pat denies thinking she is HOT and tells me other people are more attractive, but seriously. . .SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!
8. Jackson and I are going to see Up today with his class while Tyler is at school. I can't really imagine a class of FOUR YEAR OLDS at a movie, but this is the activity that was chosen, so I go along with it! What can I say!!!
9. Jackson is OBSESSED with turning four and a half. He thinks that when he wakes up on Saturday he will have: cake, presents, do whatever he wants, etc. Is it bad that I want to feed into it because I think it is so cute!???
10. I love the circus, LOVE IT! I don't think anyone else likes it as much as me, so we never go, but I think it is sooooo fun! Pat and I used to go before we had kids, now we have kids and we don't go. There is something wrong with that!
Posted by Colleen at 12:00 AM
Friday, June 19, 2009
My children are fish. While Tyler doesn't know this yet, they just have the natural ability to swim. Tyler can't do it without crying, but the girl swims more by herself than Jackson did at that age. Jackson likes to think he can swim the entire length of the pool without taking a breath and got BUSTED today by my most favorite teacher, Mrs. Wyse! It was really funny to watch him get in trouble because I think Pat and I are the only ones that ever reprimand him, so for someone else to do it (FOR HIS OWN SAFETY!), it was pretty comical. He turned into a puddle of tears, but recovered quickly. I will tell you that I have never been quite so impressed with a swim teacher. Last week, Jackson could not stand on the step and kick his way to the bottom of the pool to get the rings, today, he was getting three at a time. I think these are the cheapest lessons my kids have ever taken, they are private, and they are the most beneficial! That's what happens when you have worked at Hubbard for 10 years, HOORAY! (First picture is Tyler, the rest are Jackson!)
I also included a picture of the tortoise that lives in their backyard. It is so funny to watch!
Pictures of Tyler right after getting out of the pool and again when she had her licorice treat! What a world of difference licorice can make!
Posted by Colleen at 11:04 AM
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
The wine I was referring to yesterday that I couldn't find. . .guess who has THREE bottles chilling in her refrigerator! YAY! I called AJ's last night to find out if they had it, never heard of it, researched it online, and apparently Food City had it, but I stopped by BevMo today, and I was in luck, it is located under their wines from Spain for just $9.99 a bottle! HOORAY!
I am a REALLY cheap date if Food City is carrying the wine I so desperately need!
Posted by Colleen at 3:13 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1. Postino removed my most favorite wine in the entire world from their wine list. I AM DEVASTATED. However, not devastated enough for me to come in the door last night and ask Pat for a divorce so that I could marry Postino, that's how much I love it!
2. The potty training has been a BREEZE this time. Seriously, Tyler is a champ!
3. I love watching Tyler walk around and show everyone her panties. It is HYSTERICAL! She will lift her dress and show anyone who will look her princess panties, Dora panties, Minnie panties. This is something I never experienced with Jackson because boys don't walk around lifting their dress, so to me, it is such a charming part of potty training.
4. "I went poop in the potty!" is the way that Tyler starts many of her conversations these days. We have not seen Mario Parise in quite some time, he comes over to talk to her at a basketball game, and sure enough, out comes her phrase of the month! She is so proud of herself!
5. Preschool has worked WONDERS on Tyler. For those of you who knew her before this year and at the end, she is a new person. It still amazes me that she will talk to complete strangers!
6. People magazine is one of the highlights of my week. I love curling up in bed with it on a Friday or Saturday night, during naptime, or really anytime is a good time to read People magazine!
7. We go through SOOOOOO many paper products here: toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, PAPER for stickers, etc. Seriously, I feel like I have forest creatures that eat trees!
8. The price of petroleum is RIDICULOUS again! Americans just can't catch a break. As soon as the price of travel, food, entertainment, clothes, etc decreases, the price of gas increases, and any extra money someone may have had, must then go for gas. I am over it!
9. Tyler screams hysterically and runs away from the pool whenever she thinks she might have to go in. We played on the slip and slide over the weekend, and she went down twice, squealing the whole way, but then as soon as she hits the ground, she starts crying and saying she is done. She is sooooooooooooo dramatic! I have got to admit I just love staring at her butt when she wears a bathing suit. I told Pat I like to refer to it as "fresh butt" just so clean, flawless, innocent, MMmmmm! You never notice it when they are wearing a diaper, but now that she is diaperless it is so cute!
10. I think that I could eat pizza EVERY day! Jaclyn asked last night what my favorite pizza place is-definitely NOT Pizzeria Bianco, maybe Cibo, but then there is Oregano's, Sauce and Pizza Picasso that come in a close close second, followed by Peter Piper and Pizza Hut. I think the only places I DON'T like are Chuck E Cheese and Papa John's, but needless to say, I will still eat both! HA!
Posted by Colleen at 6:57 AM
Monday, June 15, 2009
Tyler and I went for pedicures this morning after we dropped Jackson off at school. She chose PINK for herself and PURPLE for me! She did a great job, and I love how the little sweat shops (called that because they work WAY TOO HARD and DO NOT get paid nearly enough) charge only $2-5 to paint her toes! It is funny because one place charges $2, but they charge $20 for my pedicure. The place by my house charges $5, but my pedicure is only $17, so it comes out EXACTLY the same!
P.S. Does my left ankle look enormous?????
Posted by Colleen at 10:45 AM
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 1:35 PM
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Pat feels like he lives at a resort. I understand what he means: there just isn't enough room for everyone, he doesn't clean, he doesn't cook, HELL, I would totally think it is a resort too! The point of this post isn't really to rip on Pat although some days it is just WAY TOO EASY, the point is to show you all far and wide, those who may never come to my house just why he feels that way. This picture is taken on my back patio, Pat likes it because there's the pool, you can see it from our family room and Jackson's room, but HEY, we don't have to care for it. No more trips down to Durango for mosquito eating larvae-just crystal blue water and A HOT TUB! I think I am more obsessed with the shade we get from the overgrown tree. I think the coyote was too-still so mad I didn't have my camera that day!
Posted by Colleen at 2:19 PM
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 3:03 PM
Monday, June 8, 2009
1. I am constantly the recipient of Claire's, "Will you be home tomorrow, I will give you a call!?" She never calls!!!! I still love her, most days, I really miss her! I can't talk on the phone either these days because it seems like all I do is play referee to some drama that occurs as soon as the kids see the white handset on my ear!
2. Shannon will be in San Diego from June 30-July 19, WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO?
3. I never talk to Karissa anymore, it is sad, when we do talk it is almost like I don't even comprehend what we are talking about because we are jamming so much stuff in! Then, I think of more stuff, and I don't want to call back and be annoying, so I just think, "Oh, I will tell her next time!" I am sure I never do!
4. I miss Lori! She is probably the funniest friend I have, and we always wind up in these random situations, remind me to tell you about the time were stranded in a field, long before the time of cell phones, HA!
5. I am sure that Jaclyn and I both wish she didn't live so far away! I hate to call and have her drive into the "city", and I hate to drive, so we don't get together NEARLY ENOUGH! Her boys would be the perfect playmates for my children since Jackson doesn't have enough play dates with boys, and Tyler, she would just mother Harper to death!
6. Cynthia's a real and true friend, and I say this because I don't have to talk to her everyday, every month, even once a year (NOT SURE I EVEN HAVE A CURRENT NUMBER FOR HER!), but I know if I need to vent, e-mail, call (I could get her number), etc., she will be there to listen to me vent even though her husband works WAY MORE hours than mine. She doesn't judge, and she completely understands if you have to back out or can't follow through!
7. I haven't seen this girl since high school, but Karen has become one of my favorite blogs to visit. I love her sense of humor, the links to all the blogs she reads, how we can differ in opinion and still remain "cyber" friends.
8. My sister and I would be much better friends if she would drink more, FOR THE LOVE OF MONKEYS, who has one glass of wine in a weekend that your husband is away. More like, one bottle per day! It is like Chinese water torture for her to have more than two glasses of wine!
9. Speaking of not drinking, I actually do have a friend who doesn't drink that I hold near and dear to my heart-CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! Miss Laurie, shared with us the Old Navy Weekly coupon and for that I will always be grateful! We had a lovely nap time conversation, probably hadn't spoken in almost 6 years, but we were able to pick up right where we left off!
10. Andrea and Tamara complete "The Gang", and I need not say more!
Posted by Colleen at 2:59 PM
This week, the theme of Jackson's summer camp is Frontierland, it is a whole Disney theme, and each week, they travel to a different land!
On the way home, I try to get a little bit of information out of him about what he did because I feel like the teachers give me ZERO information at the end of the day, it is so sad as they get older, and you don't have that personal connection with the teachers. ANYWAY, I asked Jackson if he read any stories today. He told me they read a book about a horsewagon, I asked him where the horsewagon went, to which he replies, "Macayo's!" Yes, I like Macayo's as much as the next person, but I am guessing the stagecoach didn't make a pit stop by Macayo's! I asked him what the horsewagon did there, "Ummmm, ate a lot of rice and beans and then left again!"
At this point, I am grinning from ear to ear, but I don't want to let on, so I ask him if he is joking or telling the truth. He says, "Both, the horsewagon went somewhere that starts with O, but I don't know where, so I said Macayo's!" Seriously, the boy can make me giggle!
I cannot wait to hear what the teachers have to say about this story in the morning!
P.S. I taped Space Jam, and I put it on for Jackson to watch while I write. We have had several debates about how he thinks it is a daddy movie, and why would I put it on for him to watch! (1) Wait for the cartoons and (2) I want you to see how amazing Michael Jordan is! HA!
P.P.S. My goal is to take some pics this weekend-KARISSA!
Posted by Colleen at 2:48 PM
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Posted by Colleen at 8:31 PM
Friday, June 5, 2009
For the record, my mom HATES the Dollar Store, I love it, USUALLY! I bought some puzzles for my kids there yesterday, it was more torture to watch them put them together than it was FUN! The pieces didn't stay together, and I ended up doing the whole thing, really didn't help me out at all! Sometimes my mom is right about things, other times, like when she claims to be fat, NOT SO MUCH!
Right now, the kids and I are baking this in our oven! Really hope it inspires them to eat A LOT of dinner! I also hope it turns out because it looks YUMMY!
Posted by Colleen at 3:31 PM
Thursday, June 4, 2009
CRAZY afternoon at the house! We don't have a fenced in backyard, it opens to a grassy area and community pool. I don't know what possessed me to open the blinds today, I NEVER DO, BUT all of a sudden I looked out and saw a wolf. I texted Pat, "There is a coyote in our backyard!" To which he replies, "Seriously!"
NO DUDE, I just made that up while I hang out in my house!
I call Shannon, she asks if there is a collar (GOOD QUESTION!)! No COLLAR! We decide to call it a wolf dog. Everyone is asking me to take a picture. My cell phone wouldn't get a good shot, and my camera was in the car on the driveway, and I was too afraid to go out any door!
Jackson wakes up from his nap and sees it, he calls it a coyote, until he sees the tail and decides it is a wolf tail!
At this point, Animal Control has been called and is on their way! Jackson, Tyler and I sit at the back window (sliding glass door) and stare at the coyote! It was the most amusing thing ever-I have had two REALLY good afternoons recently, I SHOULD NOT HOPE FOR MORE!
The coyote sat there for OVER TWO HOURS, about 30 minutes before Pat leaves work, it takes off!
How do I know it was a coyote?
BECAUSE THIS. . .
is EXACTLY what I saw!
Posted by Colleen at 8:10 PM
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
My sister stopped by, and I encouraged her to come back with Rylee, and MUCH to my surprise, she did, and it was so much FUN! I loved seeing her. I can't believe how much more mobile she is! She loved my make shift coffee table that I made for her out of a box, and I fed her goldfish for the very first time. SHE LOVES ME! So glad that Pat cannot have kids anymore because ooohhh, she makes me want another! SO SWEET!
The afternoon flew by, I think Katie should quit her job and come hang out with me during the witching hour (3-7), the kids were fascinated by her, and they couldn't believe all the "tricks" she could do!
SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO LAURIE LEE for introducing us to Old Navy Weekly and my SISTER for sending me a coupon, GOT SOME AMAZING STUFF there today, and I didn't pay much at all! THANKS YOU TWO! YOU ROCK!
Posted by Colleen at 9:44 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
1. Pat was at work until 1 AM last night. Not only did I pack the entire house, I have unpacked this entire house (well, what I have done so far!). The end of the year Board Social is tonight, and I am not going to miss it, SO he had better find a sitter if he thinks he will be at work until 1 AM again!
2. Jackson told me yesterday that he can do whatever he wants in this house because it is so small, YEP, that's pretty much what everyone says when they walk into it! SUPER!
3. Pat's parents want to take us to the Ocean Club and let me tell you, I am a little more than excited! MAINLY for two reasons (1) Pat hates seafood, so I RARELY GET TO EAT IT and (2) they are supposed to have the most amazing lemon drop martinis-that is my favorite drink! I am already salivating!
4. I am more than a little concerned with the plane that disappeared out of the sky! People may ridicule my fear of flying, but DAMN, that is what I am talking about!
5. I have been here for three days, and already my car has been ticketed for being parked in the street. GIVE ME A WEEKEND to get my stuff out of the garage people! Good Lord, now I totally understand how Karissa feels with the HOA. Do you know where people are supposed to park overnight??? THE COUNTRY CLUB, for the love of monkeys!
6. I have already found about a million and one things wrong with the house we are in now. My latest is that you can't really see the tv during the day because of the skylights! WTF!
7. Tyler loves to dance and sing. I would love to sign her up for a dance class, but I fear that when she got there, she would cry the entire time and not really get anything out of it! What to do, what to do!
8. My sister won the contest! YAY, she gets to go in tomorrow for the first work up, and we will see where it goes from there. I will be sure to post a picture of the "AFTER", if my extreme jealousy doesn't get the best of me because I will be so JEALOUS when it is all said and done!
9. I e-mailed my dad TWICE when I started the blog to let him know the site and where to go so that he could keep track of us. This weekend he tells me that he just found the blog through Katie's, and "Why didn't I tell him I had one!?" MEN!
10. I really want to take my kids back to Rustler's Rooste because they talk about it all the time. Seriously, how fun is a restaurant with a slide, and the food, MMMmmmmmmmM!
Posted by Colleen at 9:55 AM