What's going on?
1. We close in a week on our house, that is IF the bank can get their act together. I feel like every single day it is some new stress, and I can't handle it. My back/stomach pain had been kept to such a minimum lately because I had been trying to just stay calm and not stress out, but the closer it gets the more crippling the pain is. UGH!
2. I am well aware that moving into a new house and going on a week long vacation are luxuries, and I know that I am truly blessed, but it is incredibly overwhelming, and it is my reality right now, and this is MY blog, so I get to vent. Don't like it, don't read it.
3. My sister and I are OBSESSED with reading blogs about moms in the South. I wouldn't fit in there for a hot minute, but they make some of the best food. I am not sure how all the moms weigh 50 pounds soaking wet and eat crap all day (cake pops, sno cones, cake, cookies, cupcakes, etc.), but I made these S'mores Bars for Pat for Father's Day, and they were HEAVENLY!
4. I will happily recommend restaurants for someone, and if they hate it, I take full responsibility because I know I have researched the crap out of it, read all the reviews, etc. BUT ask me to choose a paint color, NO FREAKING CLUE!
5. The day our house is supposed to close Pat has an all day mediation and then has to entertain a client all night. Maybe I will just take the kids over to the house and toast them with Apple Cider or something. Kind of anti-climatic after all the stress and work that Pat has gone through to make sure the house closes on time.
6. Currently we are like two ships passing in the night. When an attorney goes on vacation, he has to make up all his billable hours. So, in my opinion it isn't really a vacation because it is more work before and after we vacation because he works longer and longer hours.
7. I am obsessed with Lifetime Movies. I think it is the only think that is going to get me through the summer.
8. Children's Place at Desert Ridge is having a big shoe sale. Apparently they are getting rid of all their shoes in boxes, so any shoe in a box is $7.99. I don't know what sizes or what not are available, but if you are in need of dress shoes, sandals, etc. It might be worth the trip.
9. I cannot keep food in this house. If it comes in, someone eats it up immediately. The summer grocery bill is killing me.
10. The Bachelorette. Can I just say that I am an evil person who thinks Bentley is HYSTERICAL, and I love that he proved what everyone was thinking all along. . .how do you know these people are telling the truth? He totally pulled the wool over Ashley's eyes, and I think it added a whole new twist to the show. I am a fan. Don't hate!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
What's going on?
Posted by Colleen at 3:20 PM