Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Here are some happenings of the Christmas week:

Pat took the kids to see Santa, and he managed to get one picture of the kids before Santa's elves told him that cameras-other than the one they have-are not allowed on set. Tyler started out crying a little, but she did REALLY well. According to Jackson it is because her big brother was there!


An example of what EVERY single picture I take of the two of them look like-here the kids are on Christmas Eve, and they are all dressed up, and suddenly the camera is in front of them, and they both turn into Spiderman! One day, they will stand and pose for me like "human" children!


Christmas morning at our house is probably the most ORGANIZED event anyone has ever witnessed. This year, there were EIGHT people to distribute gifts for, and we take turns going around and we each open ONE AT A TIME! I have to brag about the amount of self restraint and control my kids have. They know to wait their turn, they don't go out of order, AND they get equally excited about the gifts they have given other people, and seeing what other people get. Rylee even managed to keep her eyes open for a few hours to join in the gift fun!

Check out how tired Tyler is since Jackson ran in to wake her up:


Jackson and Tyler opening a few gifts:





A quick look at Rylee:


AND, for those of you that were not around for Pat's gift to me last year, I will include the picture of the USED tennis racket-I have since gotten a new pink one, but it was the principle of the matter:


This year, I got many nice gifts, including a nice wine glass, but I think my favorite are the "BOOTS", known to other people as slippers, but my kids insist they are boots-think I can get away with wearing them out:


Hope you are all having a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Can I please, please, PLEASE be with you when you wear those "boots" in public?!? ;o)

Look how long your hair was last year! Crazy!

Looks like you guys had a great holiday! Merry Christmas!

Colleen said...

You wish, hooker!!! The obsession with "PIRATES" continues! We have had the most dramatic Christmas ever! What did you guys do that Justin had too much wine? I am almost there!

the swope family said...

I think those "boots" are great! Can't wait to come visit so I can see you walking around the house in them!!!

Also, can't believe that ANY kids would be patient enough to wait, let alone a 2 and 4 year old!

Love you! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of them posing like spiderman!!! That is the cutest thing EVER!