Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dora the Explorer Mantra

If you have watched as much Dora as I have this week, some of the things she says and does kind of get stuck in your head. For example, when Dora and Boots (her pet monkey) are headed off to do whatever it is they are going to do in the episode, they chant the order in which they will arrive at each stop (I think it is to teach sequencing, but what do I know)-FOR EXAMPLE, "Bridge, Rock, Trea-sure Island!" Then they repeat it getting faster and faster. So, they end up saying it like 3 or 4 times. I am not a huge fan of Dora, but I will say that this morning as I was performing my Cinderella duties, I was chanting in my head, "Airport, Plane, Far-From-Here!" Maybe there is something relaxing and soothing about Dora after all!

1 comments:

Cynthia said...

how sad is it that I know exactly which episode you're referring to and can hear Dora saying that? and I cracked up laughing when I read your version! no kidding! :)